error 193:0xc1 and Cryptographic Services
Julie
2003-08-20 12:59:45 UTC
this happens to me too Sarah...did you ever find the
answer? JUlie>-----Original Message-----
My Cryptographic Services is stopped so I can't install
any Windows Updates. I tried to follow the instructions
to fix the problem, but when I attempt to start
Cryptographic Services, I get the following
error: "Could
not start the Cryptographic Services service on Local
Computer. Error 193: 0xc1"
I entered the error message in a knowledge base search
and came up empty. Someone please help!
.
Michael
2003-08-25 07:49:37 UTC
Post by Julie
to fix the problem, but when I attempt to start
Cryptographic Services, I get the following
error: "Could
not start the Cryptographic Services service on Local
Computer. Error 193: 0xc1"
I entered the error message in a knowledge base search
and came up empty. Someone please help!
.
.
You could try the following. Click on Control Panel,
then Administrative Tolls, then Services. Look down the
list to see if the srvice you need is set to automatic,
if not set to automatic click apply and start now and re-
boot. It worked for me good luck. Michael